Saturday, September 15, 2012

My Six Questions with Majestic Stratford

 I was lucky enough to be asked to take part in a quick fire quiz by Majestic Wine...here are my answers!

1. Best bottle ever drunk?
Without a doubt I have to say a bottle of 1994 Duckhorn Cabernet Sauvignon drunk with roast beef. What can I say the stars aligned.
 
2. Best food and wine match?
Roquefort and Sauternes is my favourite - There is something special to be said about this combo; the saltiness of the cheese works really well with the sweetness of the wine.

3. Favourite wine region to visit?
I can't say I have visited many but I think England's vineyards are underrated and deserve recognition for making some excellent sparkling wines.

4. Wine guilty pleasure?
Struggling on this one, why should any pleasure be burdened by guilt? That said, I am sure plenty of wine snobs would dissaprove of my love of cheap sweet rose and the ample use of fine wine in my gravy.

5. Wine to try before you die?
82' Latour simply because I love sideways (the book!)

6. If it's not wine in your glass, what is it?
I'm quite a big fan of cider

Polly x